- Detailed report to come : Phagoburn outcomes will be presented in a report to be added soon on this website.
Phagoburn was a European Research & Development (R&D) project funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Development. The project was launched in June 2013 and ended in February 2017.
In the context of a worldwide growing antibiotic resistance threat, notably the emergence of multi-drug resistant, even pan-resistant, bacterial strains, PhagoBurn was designed and launched to evaluate the clinical potential of bacteriophages (phages) as a novel and innovative strategy to fight this critical issue. Notably, Phagoburn aimed at evaluating
phage therapy for the treatment of burn wounds infected with bacteria Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
As such, Phagoburn was the world first prospective multicentric, randomised, single blind and controlled clinical trial of phage therapy ever performed according to both Good Manufacturing (GMP) and Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
In addition, results obtained within Phagoburn allowed significant advancements regarding the regulatory framework of phage therapy.
A detailed report on Phagoburn outcomes will soon be added to this website.
- About Phage Therapy
- About Phagoburn
- Actors Involved
- Actors involved
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Bitcoin Billionaire Review- Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Circuit Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Code Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Compass Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Cycle Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Era Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Evolution Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Future Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Gemini Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Loophole Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Profit Review – Is it Scam
- Bitcoin Revival Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Revolution Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Rush Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Storm Review – Is it Scam?
- Bitcoin Trader Review – Is it Scam?
- Clinical Protocol
- Communication – Publications
- Crypto Comeback Pro Review – Is it Scam?
- Crypto Trader Review – Is it Scam?
- Cryptosoft Review – Is it Scam?
- Erreur 404
- Ethics & Patient’s Rights
- Immediate Bitcoin Review – Is it Scam?
- Immediate Edge Review – Is it Scam?
- Media Communication
- Other actors involved
- Past Events
- Past Events
- Phagoburn Clinical Trial
- Planned Actions
- Project Partners
- References and resources on Phage Therapy
- Scientific Publications
- Scientific References on Phage Therapy
- Terms conditions
- The News Spy Review – Is it Scam?
Phagoburn was a collaborative project including both private and public partners.
Four SMEs were involved:
- The French biotech Pherecydes Pharma, offering solutions based on phage therapy technology to better fight infections, acting as clinical study sponsor,
- Clean Cells, French SME with an expertise in biosafety testing and characterisation of biological products,
- Statitec, French CRO responsible for the clinical trial data management and statistical aspects,
- France Europe Innovation, French SME assisting for the financial and
administrative management of Phagoburn, as well as for all communication
11 clinical partners were also involved in Phagoburn, all burn units located in France, Belgium and Switzerland:
- The French Ministry of Defence (Project Coordinator) through its Military Health Service and Percy military hospital (its reference burn treatment centre),
- The Royal Military Academy of Belgium, through the Queen Astrid Military Hospital and more particularly its burn wound centre,
- Lausanne Burn Reference Centre (Switzerland), located within the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV),
- Grand Hôpital de Charleroi – Loverval (Belgium),
- CHU Liège (Belgium),
- CHU Nantes (France),
- Centre hospitalier Saint Joseph et Saint Luc (France),
- CHU Bordeaux (France),
- CHR Metz-Thionville (France),
- Toulon Sainte-Anne military hospital (France),
- Marseille Conception Hospital (France).
Finally, Les Laboratoires Brothier, a French company, provided Algosteril™ dressings for the clinical study.
Read this Page in: