- Detailed report to come : Phagoburn outcomes will be presented in a report to be added soon on this website.
We will add in this section all material and information related to Phagoburn communication in the general media.
As a first introduction to phage therapy and to better understand what is at stake within Phagoburn, you can watch the documentary broadcast on September 11th, 2013 (in French) on 36.9° (Swiss TV Health Programme on RTS), in which Phagoburn is introduced. Jérôme Larché (Phagespoirs), Gregory Resch and Yok-Ai Que (CHUV) participate to this programme.You can also watch the more recent story broadcast on Arte in February 2015 (in French), including interviews of Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma), Patrick Jault (Percy) and Audrey Larrieu (Clean Cells).
- Video material
– Watch the short story on Clean Cells and Phagoburn, broadcast on France 3 (French TV) in September 2016. The project is presented by Olivier Boisteau (Clean Cells).
– A story on phage therapy, including Phagoburn was broadcast on the national French TV news (TF1) in February 2016. Jérôme Gabard and Guillaume L’Hostis (Pherecydes Pharma) are interviewed.
– Watch the story broadcast on Arte (French-German TV channel) in February 2015, presenting bacteriophages and phage therapy. Phagoburn is evoked, and the broadcast includes interviews of Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma), Patrick Jault (Percy) and Audrey Larrieu (Clean Cells).
– Watch the French documentary “Cent regrets M. d’Herelle”, written by Serge Fortuna & Jérôme Fourment, directed by Jérôme Fourment and produced by Octopussy Production. Released in June 2014, this documentary on phage therapy relates the story of Serge Fortuna, who traveled to Georgia to find a way to cure his Staphylococcus aureus infection. It includes an interview of François Ravat (Saint Luc / Saint Joseph Hospital), who evokes Phagoburn. Also watch the broadcast released after the documentary first projection (in French), in which Phagoburn is also mentioned.
– Watch the story broadcast in March 2014 (in French) on Canal 9 (Swiss television, TV Health Programme L’antidote). Gregory Resch and Yok Ai-Que (CHUV) present Phagoburn, in particular the planned clinical trial.
– Watch the story broadcast in February 2014 on France 3 national news (French TV, starts at 6’43). François Ravat (CHSJSL) notably presents phage therapy and PhagoBurn.
– Watch the full documentary broadcast in September 2013 (in French) on Swiss television (36.9° TV Health Programme). CHUV and Phagespoirs are part of this broadcast.
– Watch Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) intervention at the 20th Biennial Evergreen International Phage Meeting (August 2013).
– Watch the story broadcast in May 2013 (in French) on RTS (Swiss television). CHUV contributed to the making of this story.
- Radio material
– In September 2016, a radio report on the increasing resistance to antibiotics at world level was broadcasted on France Culture (French public radio), during “The Scientific Method” programme. Interviews of Guy-Charles de La Horie, Cindy Fevre and Mathieu Médina (Pherecydes Pharma) are included and the Phagoburn trial is evoked.
– A short radio report on phage therapy was broadcast in March 2016 on France Info (French public radio). Phagoburn is mentioned.
– You can listen the radio report (in French) broadcast in June 2013 on RTS (Swiss radio), during the CQFD Programme. This report coincided with the launching of Phagoburn. You will notably hear Patrick Jault (Percy military hospital, Project Coordinator), Gregory Resch and Yok Ai Que (CHUV).
- Print media material
– Le Temps (Swiss newspaper) published an article on phage therapy in February 2017. It notably includes an interview of Gregory Resch (CHUV) and mentions the Phagoburn study.
– Psychologies (French magazine) published an article on phage therapy in February 2017. Following an interview of François Ravat (Saint Joseph Saint Luc hospital) it includes a part on Phagoburn.
– FOCUS (German magazine) published an extensive article on phage therapy in November 2016. Available both online and in the print version of the magazine, this article mentions Phagoburn (following an interview of François Ravat, Saint Joseph Saint Luc hospital).
– YLE (Finland national public broadcasting company) published an online article on phage therapy in November 2016. The Phagoburn study is mentioned.
– La Recherche (French monthly magazine” published a series of articles on antibioresistance in its September 2016 edition. One article, “New strategies, new treatments”, focused on alternatives to antibiotics, notably phage therapy. Phagoburn is evoked.
– An interview of François Ravat (Saint Joseph / Saint Luc hospital, Phagoburn Communication Manager) was published in September 2016 in three French regional newspapers: Le Dauphiné Libéré, Dernières Nouvelles d’Alsace & Le Progrès.
– Die Welt (German newspaper) published an article entitled “Bakteriophagen: Die Wundermedizin, die aus der Kloake kommt” in August 2016. Focused on phage therapy as a possible alternative to antibiotics in the frame of increasing resistance, it includes a presentation of Phagoburn.
– Hospimedia (French online resource for hospital professionals and clinicians) published an online article on phage therapy in August 2016. Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) is interviewed and the Phagoburn clinical trial is presented. Access Hospimedia website.
– Science published an article focused on Phagoburn in June 2016: “Beleaguered phage therapy trial presses on” (Servick, 352 (6293): 1506). This article evokes the difficulties faced by Phagoburn, as the world first clinical trial on phage therapy. Access the article on Science website.
– The Biologist published an article in June 2016, entitled “Coming of Phage“. Phagoburn and Pherecydes Pharma are evoked.
– La Cité (Swiss newspaper) published an article on phage therapy in June 2016. Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma) is interviewed about Phagoburn. Access the article on La Cité website.
– Ouest-France (French newspaper) published an article on phage therapy in May 2016. Phagoburn and Pherecydes Pharma are evoked.
– In April 2016, The Conversation (independent, non-for-profit online media that uses content sourced from the academic & research community) published an exensive article on phage therapy, which evokes Phagoburn.
– Le Monde (French newspaper) published an article on phage therapy in February 2016. The Phagoburn study is mentioned.
– Le Point (French magazine) published an article on phage therapy (February 2016). Pherecydes Pharma, Queen Astrid and the Phagoburn trial are evoked.
– AFP published an article on phage therapy in February 2016: “Fighting infections with viruses, as antibiotics fail“. Jean-Paul Pirnay (Queen Astrid) is interviewed and the Phagoburn trial is mentioned.
– The Wall Street Journal published an extensive article on phage therapy: “To Fight Growing Threat From Germs, Scientists Try Old-Fashioned Killer” in January 2016. The Phagoburn clinical trial is described and several actors of the project are mentioned: Pherecydes Pharma, Clean Cells, Percy Hospital and CHU Nantes.
– Science published an article on phage therapy entitled “Phage therapy redux – What is to be done?” in December 2015 (Young and Gill, 350 (6265): 1163-1164). The Phagoburn clinical study is briefly evoked. Access the article on Science website.
– The Lancet Infectious Diseases published an article on Phagoburn in its December 2015 Volume (issued in November). Patrick Jault (Percy), Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) and Laurent Bretaudeau (Clean Cells) were interviewed for this article.
– Daily Science published an article (in French) on phage therapy and the Phagoburn clinical trial in November 2015. Serge Jennes, Daniel de Vos & Jean-Paul Pirnay (Queen Astrid) are interviewed.
– The French newspaper Le Figaro published an article (in French) on Pherecydes Pharma and Phagoburn in November 2015. The clinical trial is presented.
– The German Website VDI Nahrichten published an article (in German) on phage therapy on September 2015, which quotes Jerôme Gabard and mentions the launch of Phagoburn clinical trial.
– An online article (in French) entitled “Pherecydes Pharma: en pointe de la phagothérapie” was published by Biotechinfo in September 2015. It details Pherecydes Pharma activities, including Phagoburn, and partnerships.
– Nature Reviews (Nature Publishing Group) published an article entitled “Bacteriophage therapies re-enter clinical trials” (Katie Kingwell, Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 14, 515–516) in July 2015. This article presents Phagoburn and its objectives, and quotes Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma). You can purchase the access to this article or login on Nature’s website.
– The Huffington Post published an article on phage therapy in July 2015. This article evokes Phagoburn and Pherecydes Pharma, with interventions from Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma).
– Nature News (Nature Publishing Group) published an article entitled “Antibiotic alternatives rev up bacterial arms race” (Sara Reardon, Nature 521, 402-403) in May 2015. Phagoburn clinical trial is rapidly mentioned.
– An online article (in French) was published in May 2015. Phagoburn clinical trial is briefly evoked.
– An article (in Spanish) was published in the newspaper El Periodico in March 2015. Phagoburn is mentioned and Gregory Resch (CHUV) is interviewed.
– The Swiss newspaper Le Temps published an article on phage therapy (in French) in March 2015. A large part of this article focuses on Phagoburn, with interventions from Yok-Aï Que and Gregory Resch (CHUV).
– The French magazine “Enquêtes de santé” published a series of article on phage therapy in March 2015. Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma) is notably interviewed. Read the dossier (in French).
– An article (in German) was published on phage therapy in SonntagsZeitung (Swiss newspaper) in February 2015. Phagoburn as well as the involvement of CHUV (notably Yok Aï-Que) is mentioned.
– Two articles (in French) were published in Les Echos (French newspaper) in January 2015 and February 2015. The first one focuses on Pherecydes Pharma while the second one is tackling phage therapy in a larger way. Both present Phagoburn and its objectives.
– An article (in French) was published in Le Figaro (French newspaper) in October 2014. It presents phage therapy as a whole and mentions the Phagoburn Project.
– Nature News (Nature Publishing Group) published an article entitled “Phage therapy gets revitalized” (Sara Reardon, Nature 510, 15-16) in June 2014. This article evokes Phagoburn, Pherecydes Pharma & CHUV. Download the article (PDF).
– An article (in French) presenting phage therapy was published in Lyon Capitale (French local newspaper) in May 2014. Saint Joseph / Saint Luc hospital centre is mentioned as well as Phagoburn.
– Le Monde (French newspaper) published an article on phage therapy in January 2014. This article includes an extensive presentation of Phagoburn.
– An article (in French) was published in Le Progrès (French newspaper) in January 2014. This article presents Phagoburn and notably focuses on Centre hospitalier Saint Joseph et Saint Luc (Lyon) involvement.
– In December 2013, Science et Vie Junior (monthly science magazine dedicated to teenagers) published an article (in French) presenting specifically the Phagoburn project. Patrick Jault (Percy, Phagoburn coordinator) was notably involved in the making of this article.
– An article (in French) tackling Statitec involvement in Phagoburn was published in November 2013 on the online magazine MyPharmaEditions.
– An article (in French) on phage therapy at Queen Astrid military hospital and mentioning Phagoburn was published in August 2013 in DBriefing (Belgium Ministry of Defense Journal).
– Jérôme Larché (Phagespoirs) talked about Phagoburn in an interview published in L’Indépendant (French regional newspaper) at the end of June 2013.
– Phagoburn was mentioned on the website of Maryvonne Blondin, French Senator (Finistère) and member of the Council of Europe. This follows an oral question on phage therapy that was asked by Maryvonne Blondin in the French Senate in May 2013 and which evoked Phagoburn.
– The French competitivity cluster Atlanpole Biothérapies published an article (in French) related to Clean Cells participation into Phagoburn.
- Clinical trial communication
Following the launch of Phagoburn clinical trial in July 2015, numerous press articles relayed our official press release (September 2015) around the world:
– Nature published a short article announcing the launch of the Phagoburn clinical trial (September 16);
– in Germany, it was covered by Pipeline Review (September 11);
– in France, it was relayed in the specialised press by DH Magazine (September 9), Caducee (September 9), France Biotech (September 9), La Gazette du Laboratoire (September 10), MyPharma Editions (September 11), Biotech Info (September 12), Le Quotidien du Médecin (September 21), and Le Quotidien du Pharmacien (September 24) ; and in the local and national press by Ouest France (September 11) and Le Point (September 10). It was also evoked on the French cluster Medicen website (September 15);
– in Asia, it was relayed by Biotech in Asia (October 14);
In addition, the French magazine “Le Quotidien du Médecin” published an article (subscription required, September 21) on the study launching, notably including an interview of Patrick Jault (HIA Percy, Principal Investigator).