- Article in Le Temps : the Swiss newspaper published an article on phage therapy in February 2017. Click on "All News" for more information. --------------------------------------
- Article in Psychologies : the French magazine published an article on phage therapy in February 2017. Click on "All News" for more information. --------------------------------------
- Open access publication in Journal of Infectious Diseases : A peer-review publication publication by CHUV and Pherecydes Pharma was released in December 2016. Click on on "All News" for more information. --------------------------------------------------
We will add in this section all events to which Phagoburn partners and main subcontractors will have taken part into. For information related to future events, please see Planned Actions.
- Participation to Phages on MARSeille - November 21st, 2016
François Ravat (CHSJSL) took part in the Phages on MARSeille event, organised by the Phages.fr network in France. Access his presentation on phage therapy and Phagoburn.
- Participation to Viruses of Microbes 2016 - July 21st, 2016
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) took part in the 2016 edition of the Conference Viruses of Microbes, in the UK. His presentation focused on the Phagoburn clinical trial.
- Participation to Phage Therapy 2016 - June 3rd, 2016
Gilbert Verbeken (Queen Astrid) gave a talk during the 2016 edition of the Phage Therapy Conference which took place in Paris (France). He focused on the regulatory and ethical aspects of phage therapy.
- Participation to Lab Innovations Lausanne 2016 - April 14th, 2016
- Participation to "Health and Environment Evenings" (URPS PACA) - March 22nd, 2016
Patrick Jault (Percy) gave a talk on phage therapy entitled "Alternatives à l’antibiorésistance : Phagothérapie – du passé vers l’avenir".
- Participation to a symposium on phage therapy at the French National Assembly - February 18th, 2016
Several actors of the Phagoburn project took part in a symposium organised at the French National Assembly in February 2016: Patrick Jault (Percy, Phagoburn coordinator), Jean-Paul Pirnay and Serge Jennes (Queen Astrid). Access the full programme.
- Participation to the annual RICAI Conference - December 15th, 2015
Gregory Resch (UNIL) participated in the 2015 RICAI Conference in Paris. He gave a talk on phage therapy and Phagoburn. Download his presentation.
- Participation to a French regional meeting on Innovation - November 25th, 2015
Hélène Blois & Mathieu Médina (Pherecydes) presented a poster during a meeting entitled "Seine-Saint-Denis, Territoire d’innovations des Sciences pour le Vivant", organised in Romainville (France). This poster included a specific part on Phagoburn. Download the poster.
- Participation to the Interaction Phage Bactery (IPB) symposium - November 19th, 2015
Hélène Blois (Pherecydes) participated in the IBP symposium organised in Montpellier. She presented Pherecydes current research projects, including Phagoburn. Download her presentation.
- Participation to the Eliava Institute Phage Conference - October 19th, 2015
Jean-Paul Pirnay (Queen Astrid) took part in a meeting organised by the Eliava Institute in Tbilisi (Georgia) entitled "Bacteriophages as tools for therapy, prophylaxis and diagnostics". He presented the project Phagoburn. Download his presentation.
- Participation to the Polish Clinical Phage Therapy 2015 Congress - September 26th, 2015
Jerôme Gabard & Patrick Champion-Arnaud (Pherecydes) participated to the phage therapy congress organised by the Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy (Polish Academy of Sciences). This event was held in Wroclaw. Jérôme Gabard gave a talk on Phagoburn. Download his presentation.
- Participation to the ICAAC-ICC 2015 Meeting - September 18th, 2015
Gregory Resch (UNIL) took part in the ICAAC-ICC Meeting which was held in San Diego (CA, United States). He gave a talk entitled "Phage-based Therapies", with a specific focus on Phagoburn. Download his presentation.
- Participation to the 16th Congress of the European Burn Association - September 18th, 2015
Jean-Paul Pirnay (Queen Astrid) gave a talk during the annual congress of the EBA, which took place in Hannover, Germany in September 2015. He presented PhagoBurn and specifically the launching of the clinical study. Download his presentation.
- Participation to Evergreen Conference - August 2-7th, 2015
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) took part in the 21st Biennial Evergreen International Phage Meeting which was held in Evergreen (WA, United States). During this event, he presented the progress of Phagoburn project since the previous Meeting. Download his presentation « Back to the Phuture ».
- Participation to NIH Conference - July 20th, 2015
Patrick Jault (HIA Percy) gave a talk during a NIH Meeting which took place in Rockville (United States), in July. This talk specifically presented PhagoBurn and the launching of the clinical trial. Dowload his presentation.
- Participation to Bacteriophages 2015 - January 27-29th, 2015
Gilbert Verbeken (Queen Astrid) gave a talk entitled "European Implementation of Bacteriophage Therapy: Impact of Medicinal Product Legislation on Tailored Hospital Care" during the Bacteriophages 2015 event, held in London (UK) in January. Download his presentation.
- Participation to the 6th edition of the Nosocomial Infections Day - December 10th, 2014
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) took part in the 2014 Nosocomial Infections Day event, which was held in Lyon (France) in December 2014. He gave an oral presentation evoking Phagoburn: "Combined phage therapy in severe infections".
- Phagoburn presentation at the Biopharma Outsourcing B4B Connection - October 21st, 2014
Jérôme Gabard & Flavie Pouillot (Pherecydes) participated to the Biopharma Outsourcing B4B Connection Meeting which took place in Toulouse (France) in October 2014. They gave an oral presentation which included a presentation of the Phagoburn project.
- Participation to the Congress Viruses of Microbes III - July 14-18th, 2014
Gregory Resch (UNIL) took part in the Meeting Viruses of Microbes III, which was held in Zurich (Switzerland) in July 2014. He presented a poster entitled "PhagoBurn, the First European Multicentric Clinical Study of Phage Therapy to Treat E. coli and P. aeruginosa Skin Infections in Burn Patients".
- Phagoburn presentation at the Annual Congress of SFETB - June 11th, 2014
François Ravat (CHSJSL) participated to the 34th Annual Congress of the French Society for the Study and Treatment of Burns (SFETB), organised in Toulon (France) in June 2014. He gave a talk specifically focused on Phagoburn planned clinical trial (available soon).
- Participation to the 114th General Meeting of the American Society of Microbiology - May 19th, 2014
Gregory Resch (UNIL) took part in the 2014 Meeting of the American Society of Microbiology, which was held in Boston (USA) in May 2014. He gave a presentation entitled "Update on PHAGOBURN, the First European Clinical Trial of Phage Therapy". Download the abstract.
- Phagoburn presentation at the FP7 workshop "Antibiotics and their alternatives – fixing and feeding the Pipeline" - April 4th, 2014
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma) participated to a Workshop organised in Brussels by the European Commission and dedicated to FP7 Projects that target solutions to fight antibiotics resistance. Download his presentation of Phagoburn.
- Phagoburn presentation at the Scientific Day of Centre hospitalier Saint Joseph et Saint Luc - December 19th, 2013
François Ravat (CHSJSL) participated to the Scientific Day of his hospital and gave an oral communication on Phagoburn entitled "PHAGOBURN Protocol: first European clinical study on the use of bacteriophages to treat skin infections caused by Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in burn patients". Download his presentation (in French).
- Participation to the 2nd French Forum "Infections à microbes coriaces : tous concernés" - November 18th, 2013
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma) and Jérôme Larché (Phagespoirs) both participated to the 2nd Forum on Difficult Microbes Infections (Infections à microbes coriaces) which was organised in Montpellier (France). Jérome Gabard’s talk included a presentation of Phagoburn. Download his presentation (in French).
- Jérôme Gabard’s interview during ARIIS Day (Alliance for Research and Innovation of Healh Industries) - November 15th, 2013
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma) participated to ARIIS Day (France) which focused on innovation in antibiotherapy and alternative strategies. Watch his interview (in French).
- Participation to the EC Meeting "Scientific Support for Public Health" - November 14-15th, 2013
Daniel de Vos (Queen Astrid military hospital) took part in the Scientific Support for Public Health Meeting organised by the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC). The aim of this meeting was to gather policy-makers, scientists, industries and patient organisations to discuss how scientific support can best contribute to protect citizens, to improve health knowledge, to eliminate disparities and to promote health equity across Europe. Daniel de Vos notably participated to the session on "new scientific challenges and opportunities", and was one of the key contributor for the "Resistance to antibiotics" part, with an intervention entitled "The bacteriophage as potential antibacterial".
- CHUV Conference in Lausanne - September 18th, 2013
François Ravat (Centre hospitalier Saint Joseph et Saint Luc) gave a talk entitled "Bacteriophages & Burn Wounds" during a conference organised at CHUV (Lausanne). Dr. Ravat’s presentation included a significant focus on Phagoburn. Download his presentation (in French).
- Phage therapy Meeting at the European Parliament - September 17th, 2013
Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes Pharma), Laurent Bretaudeau (Clean Cells), Patrick Jault (Percy), Jean-Paul Pirnay and Gilbert Verbeken (Queen Astrid) took part in a meeting on phage therapy organised in Brussels by the European Deputy Michèle Rivasi (The Greens/European Free Alliance) in association with French Senator Maryvonne Blondin, with the objective to progress towards a regulatory proposal in this medical area. Apart from Phagoburn partners, this meeting gathered Dr. Alain Dublanchet and Olivier Patey (Villeneuve Saint-Georges Hospital), which are key phage therapy actors. Several central institutional actors were present: Dominique Rivasi (General Director of the European Joint Research Centre), Guy Van den Eede (Adviser for BioEconomy of the Joint Research Centre), Marco Cavaleri (Head of Anti-infectives and Vaccines, European Medicines Agency) and Dominique Labbé (Associate Director of Innovative Therapies, Human Derived and Vaccines Direction of the French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety). Read the press release published on this event (in French, October 1st).
- Participation to the European Burn Association Meeting - August 28th-31st, 2013
Queen Astrid military hospital took part in the European Burn Association (EBA) Meeting which was held in Vienna (Austria). Queen Astrid presented a poster describing their roadmap from phage therapy concept to Phagoburn clinical trial, which you can download here.
- Participation to Evergreen Conference - August 4th-9th, 2013
Pherecydes Pharma and Phagespoirs both took part in the 20th Biennial Evergreen International Phage Meeting which was held in Evergreen (WA, United States). During this event, Jérôme Gabard (Pherecydes) presented the project Phagoburn (download presentation or watch it) and Jérôme Larché (Phagespoirs) presented the role of the patients’ association, with a focus on the clinical trial project (download presentation). You can also download the official Phagoburn report on this event.
- Project Lauching Press Conference - June 10th, 2013
As Phagoburn officially started on June 1st, 2013, a public presentation of the project was organised on June 10th, at Percy military hospital in Clamart (Paris region, France).The following topics were presented and discussed:
- General presentation of phage therapy, including an historical perspective (Jean-Paul Pirnay, Daniel de Vos - Queen Astrid military hospital),
- Phages coctails (Flavie Pouillot, Pherecydes Pharma),
- Quality control of cocktails production (Laurent Bretaudeau, Clean Cells),
- Clinical protocol of Phagoburn study (François Ravat, Centre hospitalier Saint Joseph et Saint Luc),
- Clinical trial safety (Yok Ai Que, Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois).